Effectively and safely addressing contaminated sites is vital to on-going business activities and to the overall health of our communities and the environment. In all regions of the world and for a variety of industry and government clients, AECOM solves complex challenges with our remediation, restoration and redevelopment services, tackling a broad array of contaminants and working cooperatively with diverse stakeholder groups.
At AECOM, our approach is to carefully consider site-specific conditions, regulatory requirements, stakeholder issues and the best possible outcome for each site. Our work has resulted in many success stories where clients have recovered the value tied up in impaired property and where we have helped generate goodwill in affected communities by creating an asset.
Our comprehensive site restoration and reuse solutions maximize in-situ technologies and integrate key remedial design elements with future site redevelopment plans. To ensure ecosystem viability, we use scientific, proven and defensible methods to guide our strategies for risk reduction. Additionally, as a leader in the growing field of green and sustainable remediation, senior members of our team have contributed to the development of high-profile tools that are helping advance the knowledge and application of this field.
• Technical practice network of 155 groups — Our TPN connects AECOM’s technical experts worldwide to share innovative solutions, respond to challenges and share best practices and cutting-edge technologies to solve some of the most challenging remediation projects.
• Largest remediation firm — With a wealth of experts, we are able to deliver comprehensive services across all project phases for all types of contaminants.
• Global reach — We have the capability to provide consistent, high-quality remediation in locations around the world.
• Training/education — We offer our clients training and education on new practices and technologies as well as regulatory updates through our client webinar program.
- PRISM® – The industry’s first fully-integrated Conceptual Site Model, developed by AECOM. By leveraging innovative best-practices from the fields of geology, hydrology, and chemistry, PRISM® acquires a holistic understanding of the subsurface to more accurately predict contaminant migration pathways at complex remedial sites.
• Site Investigation
• Human Health and Ecological Risk Assessment
• Remedial Design and Pilot Testing
• Remedial Construction
• Green and Sustainable Remediation
• Remedy Climate Change Resiliency
• Environmental Sequence Stratigraphy
• Facility Closure/Decommissioning
• Sediment and Waterway Restoration
• Ecosystem Restoration/NRDA
• Emerging Contaminant Expertise
• Remedial Strategy Development
• LNAPL Mobility Assessment
• Vapor Intrusion Assessment and Mitigation
• Remedial Process Optimization and O&M
• Regulatory Negotiation