Detailed Design and Construction Support
In collaboration with our construction partner MPC Kinetic, AECOM are proud to have delivered the civil balance of plant design for Crowlands Wind Farm. Crowlands Wind Farm, located approximately 200 km west of Melbourne, comprises 39 Senvion MM92 2.05MW wind turbine generators, capable of generating 88GWh of energy per year.Our ANZ centre of excellence for wind farm design services, based in Melbourne, was engaged to deliver the detailed design and construction phase services support in relation to the civil balance of plant, which included:
- Geotechnical Investigations
- WTG Foundation Design
- Civil Earthworks Design
- Hydrological Assessment
AECOM were able to provide further value for money outcomes through the detailed design phase, including:
- Optimising the WTG Foundation concrete and reinforcement quantities during the design stage;
- Optimising cut and fill quantities while maintaining safety in the steep and challenging terrain;
- Developing drainage designs in highly erodible conditions;
- Enabling, through existing relationships with third parties such as the Wimmera CMA, MPC Kinetic to obtain approvals in an efficient manner and provide comfort to MPC Kinetic that they could obtain a permit for the entire site.
This project now completes our extensive work on Crowlands Wind Farm which commenced in 2010 with the owner, Pacific Hydro Development Pty Ltd. AECOM’s role throughout this journey has been substantial and has included preliminary geotechnical investigation, preliminary design, traffic management plan, and planning approvals, culminating in our role as designer for the construction in 2018.
AECOM have since partnered with MPC Kinetic on similar projects, a testament to the strong relationships we have formed through the successful delivery of the Crowlands Wind Farm Project.