On the north-west side of Sarajevo, in the valley of the Bosnia River, we are helping to create a new sub-section of motorway (Bilješevo-Kakanj) which will provide key connections with neighbouring countries and throughout the region. This is a sub-section that passes near the national road M17 and will connect Zenica in the north west with Mostar in the south.
For this project we organised and co-ordinated a comprehensive design and supervision team, establishing a structure with delegated responsibility to our highly qualified and experienced key team members and integrated site teams. This included a detailed Project Procedures Scheme, which has been successfully applied for contract management, design and construction supervision services on major motorway projects nationally, regionally and worldwide.
Our services on this project involved:
- pre-construction activities
- administration of the civil work contract
- approval of contractors’ materials, construction techniques and programmes of works
- direct supervision of the works and monitoring of progress
- technical assistance during works execution
- preparation of mandatory reporting.
We also solved some important environmental issues, as well as ones involving telecommunication and power lines, and helped create a solution to enable the main gas pipeline network for Zenica to be relocated.