AECOM was commissioned by GPT and Leighton Contractors Pty Ltd to provide acoustic engineering services for the base building design of the commercial/retail development at One One One Eagle Street, Brisbane. This project involved the design and construction of a new premium grade commercial office development at the site bordered by Eagle St, Riverside Plaza and Riparian Plaza. The building includes approximately 63,000m2 of Property Council of Australia (PCA) premium grade office space over 44 levels, retail on Level 7 (ground floor) and four levels of basement car parking.
The important acoustic issues associated with the development were:
- Noise intrusion from traffic along Eagle St, Elizabeth and Creek St onto the site;
- Noise intrusion from items of plant within the proposed development and neighbouring sites;
- Acoustic separation of office spaces from retail and plant areas;
- Noise control from loading dock areas;
- Environmental noise emission from the site, including mechanical plant;
- Noise and vibration from services.