Home to the NBA’s Washington Wizards, NHL’s Washington Capitals, the WNBA’s Washington Mystics, and the NCAA’s Georgetown Hoyas’s men’s basketball team, the arena averages 220 events a year. The 20,000-seat arena offers world-class sporting events, concerts, family shows, trade shows and special events.
Located in the Penn Quarter neighborhood of Chinatown on the east side of downtown Washington, D.C., Verizon Center is a true urban retail/entertainment complex. While parking is available, the metro is conveniently located directly underneath Verizon Center with four Metro stations within walking distance.
The surrounding neighborhood throughout the years has been rejuvenated by a plethora of restaurants, condominiums and businesses, making the Seventh Street corridor its own Times Square. People stop in daily for morning coffee and business lunches, and to shop or visit the sports museum. Three levels of suites start just 19 rows from the playing surface. A club level, fine dining restaurant overlooks the playing floor. While the teams share a fitness room, they each have training and hydrotherapy facilities.
- Devrouax & Purnell, KCF-SHG Architects: Associate Architects
- KCF-SHG Architects, Lee & Liu Assoc. Inc.: Urban Planning
- Delon Hampton & Associates: Structural Engineering
- John J. Christie Associates + Ellerbe Becket: MEP Engineering
- Clark Construction & The Sherman R. Smoot Corp.: Construction