A 260-meter-high, column-free office tower constructed in the heart of Singapore’s Central Business District.
Located in the heart of the Central Business District, and at the junction of Maxwell Road, Robinson Road and Cecil Street, AECOM provided building engineering services for this 52-story building rising up to 260 meters in height. Underground, an approximately 100-meter-long passageway also links the development to the nearby Tanjong Pagar MRT Station and an urban plaza, providing subterranean convenience and accessibility to users of the commercial tower.
This is a building that incorporates innovative engineering know-how. The heavy centralized lift core demanded for caisson foundation, where the individual perimeter columns are supported by pairs of barrettes piles. In order to minimize excessive vibration, stress and therefore movement onto the adjacent MRT tunnels, diaphragm wall with sufficient bracing was also used as the basement retaining system. A high strength “in-fill” concrete was used for the perimeter composite columns. The entire office space within the office tower is internally column free.
- 260-meter-high office tower
- Column free office space
- Close proximity to MRT tunnels
- Steel/concrete composite floor system. High strength “in-fill” composite columns
- 100-meter-long underpassage walkways
- BCA Best Buildable Design Award, 2001 (Commercial & Office Building Category)
- BCA Construction Excellence Award, 2002
Completion date: 2000