We assist clients in reducing tax liabilities by identifying assets and investments that attract relief in the construction and real estate sectors.
In some cases, all project expenditure can be eligible for relief against taxable profits, relieved over time between one and thirty-four years. The Fiscal Incentives team identify tax relief for clients’ project and portfolio expenditure through the following:
- Capital allowances, including Plant and Machinery Allowances (PMA), Research and Development Allowances (RDA); and Structures and Buildings Allowances (SBA)
- Land Remediation Relief
- Research and development (R&D) tax relief and expenditure credits (RDEC)
- Value Added Tax
- International tax depreciation
- Asset allocation including capital and revenue apportionments
- Due diligence and transactional support
- HMRC negotiations
Our services cover the full property lifecycle; from feasibility, through to procurement delivery and operation, to disposal. The dedicated team have the appropriate surveying and taxation qualifications, complementing project and treasury functions. We work alongside clients’ in-house teams and external advisors to fill the knowledge gap between development and taxation of real estate.
We specialise in value-add services that generate cash payments, savings or cashflow advantages.