Organized by AECOM in 1996, the International Audit Practice Consortium (IAPC®) is the industry-leading forum for sharing best practices and emerging issues in global EHS auditing and management. The IAPC is comprised of over 70 multinational member companies from a wide range of industrial sectors, including agribusiness, biopharmaceutical, chemical, forest products, pulp & paper, manufacturing (other), mining, oil & gas, pharmaceutical, transportation, and others. The IAPC is the organization of choice for global EHS audit leaders.
The IAPC’s mission is to promote excellence in global Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) auditing and management practices. In pursuit of this mission, the IAPC connects corporate EHS audit directors and managers to establish and/or maintain world-class audit programs by:
- Providing a forum for unparalleled networking among members
- Facilitating spring and autumn meetings annually in both North America and Europe to share best practices, lessons learned and emerging issues through presentations, facilitated discussions, and breakout groups
- Surveying members biennially on audit practices and presents the findings in formal reports
- Hosting numerous industry sector and region-specific roundtable web-meetings with focused discussion for member companies
- Maintaining a members-only IAPC Resource Room as a repository of IAPC-related information including benchmarking results, past meeting presentations, AECOM’s EHS and CSR China and India newsletters, and information on EHS audit protocols from STP ComplianceEHS (STP) in over 40 jurisdictions globally (the former IAPC protocols)
New and changing EHS regulations and Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) initiatives around the world are increasing compliance and disclosure obligations for businesses. The time and resources required to understand and comply with complex regulatory requirements have an ever-increasing impact on company financial performance. Joining the consortium enables a company to benchmark and network with others in the industry to identify meaningful improvements to their EHS assurance and audit programs.
To see the schedule of upcoming IAPC meetings and read more about the valuable benefits of joining the IAPC, including examples of recent presentation topics at our meetings and details about our benchmarking survey, click on the IAPC brochure link above.