Our building engineering professionals provided innovative and sustainable solutions for one of Singapore’s most energy efficient commercial developments.
AECOM provided engineering and consultancy services for Asia Square, a twin-tower mixed-use development with a total gross floor area of approximately 246,700 square meters.
Situated in the new Marina Bay business and financial centre, the high-rise towers comprise a 43-storey and a 46-storey building which include offices, retail and food and beverage space. A five-star hotel, The Westin Singapore Marina Bay, is also located there.
The design of Asia Square aligns with Singapore’s garden-city image, with features such as open spaces, courtyards, public city rooms, balconies, roof gardens and sky gardens incorporated into the building.
Asia Square was designed to be one of the region’s most energy-efficient commercial developments to meet current and future demands for environmentally sustainable green office space. It has received several awards including:
- U.S. Green Building Council LEED Platinum CS (core & shell) Award in Singapore for Tower 1 and precertification for Tower 2
- Building Construction Authority (BCA) Green Mark Platinum 2009
- Top winner in the international Asia award 2012 from the KNX association for the Lighting Management System. It is also the first project from Singapore to have achieved this award
- Mechanical, electrical and plumbing engineering
- Civil and structural engineering consultancy services including geotechnical works
- Post-construction tenancy services
- The largest photovoltaic cells (solar panel) installation of total 224 kilowatts-peak on the roof in Singapore at Central Business District (CBD) area.
- Singapore’s first on-site biodiesel generation plant in a commercial development located at the CBD area