In FY18, we had our strongest safety performance to date
- 100 percent of regular, full-time employees demonstrated their commitment to upholding the highest standards of conduct by completing the annual AECOM ethics training.
- We achieved the lowest Total Recordable Incident Rate (TRIR) since the acquisition of URS. Our TRIR of 0.29 is considered best in class within and beyond our industry.
- Our safety performance was recognized by key clients across the regions where we work as well as by prestigious safety organizations.
- The National Safety Council (NSC) in the United States awarded AECOM a record 360 awards across our DCS, CS and MS segments for safety performance in 2017.
- We were also awarded the prestigious Order of Distinction (19 consecutive Golds) Award from the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA) in the United Kingdom for
health and safety performance in 2017.
Who We Are
We are 87,000 experts in more than 150 countries dedicated to staying safe on and off the job, so that we can realize the potential of our projects, transform communities and improve people’s lives.
Why is Safety mission critical at AECOM? Hear insights from our Chairman and CEO, Mike Burke, and Chief Safety Officer, Andy Peters.
What We Believe
Our nine Life-Preserving Principles are core to everything we do. Through the voices of our leaders, learn what these principles mean and how we bring them to life in our day-to-day work.
“Living by our Safeguard value and prioritizing both safety and integrity cultivates a culture that inspires our employees, builds trust with clients and business partners and delivers results for the company and our investors.”
Chief Operating Officer