At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone – uplifting communities, improving access and sustaining our planet.
We’re committed to managing our business with the upmost responsibility and to always strive for better — be that reducing emissions, creating social value or diversifying our senior leadership and workforce.
We understand both the urgency of the challenges facing our society and our responsibility to act in an impactful and enduring way. We’re leading the change towards a more sustainable and equitable future, partnering with those who want to make a positive difference in the world.
We’re listening to clients and the communities we serve in order to improve lives and livelihoods, and to create sustainable legacies for generations to come.
Thinking without limits is what keeps us at the vanguard. Ideas have no borders, and this ethos is embedded in our culture. The full scope of our global expertise is available to anyone who needs it, wherever they are based.
We’re trusted advisors — planners, designers, engineers, consultants and program and construction managers — delivering professional services spanning cities, transportation, buildings, water, new energy, and the environment. Working throughout the project lifecycle, we’re one team driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
AECOM launched when a handful of employees from design and engineering companies shared a dream of creating an industry-leading firm dedicated to delivering a better world.
We became an independent company formed by the merger of five entities. While our official founding was in 1990, many of our predecessor firms had distinguished histories dating back more than 120 years.
Since then, more than 50 companies have joined us and, in 2007, we became a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange.
- 14.4 billion of revenue during fiscal year 2023
- Ranked #1 in transportation design, facilities design, green design and environmental engineering by Engineering News-Record in 2022
- Named one of Fortune magazine’s “World’s Most Admired Companies” for the eighth consecutive year
- Named one of 2023 World’s Most Ethical Companies for its commitment to integrity and making a positive impact by Ethisphere
- Listed at #260 on the Fortune 500 as one of America’s largest companies