Part of the Orlando Community Venues Program, the Amway Center was constructed by AECOM Hunt as a public-private partnership between the Orlando Magic, the City of Orlando and Orange County.
In addition, AECOM Design and Consulting Services provided design reviews, quality assurance/quality control process monitoring, review of progress schedules, monitoring of minority/women business enterprise participation compliance, budget management support, LEED certification assistance, oversight of related infrastructure improvement projects and project close-out services.
The state-of-the-art arena is 800,000 SF and sits on 18.5 acres in downtown Orlando. This award-winning venue routinely hosts sports, concerts and family shows, while serving as home to
the NBA’s Orlando Magic, the East Coast Hockey League’s Orlando Solar Bears and the National Arena League’s Orlando Predators.
- First USGBC LEED Gold NBA Arena
- USF SafetyFlorida: Sunshine State Safety Recognition Award
- Downtown Orlando Partnership, Golden Brick Awards: Award of Excellence, Community Open House, Ribbon Cutting Event, Geico Garage, Courtside Clubs, Offices
- Associated Builders and Contractors – Central Florida, Excellence in Construction: Eagle Award, Entertainment Facilities – Over $100M
- SportsBusiness Journal and SportsBusiness Daily, Sports Business Award: Facility of the Year