The University of Oregon and National Championship Properties, its arena development entity, commissioned Ellerbe Becket, an AECOM Company to design a new 12,500-seat arena for Oregon Ducks basketball program. Establishing an intimate house for basketball was the project’s goal.
Green design is mandated by the state of Oregon, and the new Matthew Knight Arena is designed to exceed state requirements for sustainable design. It is expected to achieve LEED®Silver certification at minimum.
- JMI: owner’s representative
- TVA Architects: design architect (building exterior)
- Henderson Engineers: mechanical, electrical engineer
- Haris Engineering: structural engineer
- Hoffman Construction: construction manager