Become your best self with training opportunities to continuously develop your skills and enhance your career.
We invest heavily in our graduate development programme (GDP) as it is designed to help train the future leaders, both people and technical, of our business. We currently have over 700 graduates across numerous disciplines developing their technical & soft skills, and working towards their professional accreditation. You will learn from some of the most talented and renowned experts in their field, while bringing a fresh approach and further diversifying our workforce. Below we have listed the key components of our GDP:
- Graduate programme duration – 2 years
- 2-day Induction – opportunity to learn more about the AECOM business globally, engage with some of our senior staff, and network with many of your fellow graduates from across the UK&I
- Residential Training Events – over the course of the GDP you will attend a number of residential training events covering key business knowledge and soft skills, including presentation skills, emotional intelligence, AECOM project delivery, and AECOM project case studies
- Professional Qualification – all our graduates are supported towards a relevant and recognised professional qualification, including full financial and development support
- Mentor – you will be provided with an experienced mentor who will support your professional development through regular reviews, identify training and experience requirements, and sharing with you their knowledge and experiences. All our mentors are committed to developing the next generation of AECOM professionals, are highly regarded within their respective areas of work, and have themselves experienced the rigours of gaining professional qualifications.
- Technical Development – through on-the-job training within your team including any appropriate software training required
- Secondments – (where appropriate) to provide you with specific experience, or to support projects in the UK or internationally
- CPD – Support towards your continued professional development ranging from attendance at conferences, to financial backing for entries to professional awards and competitions
- Opportunity to work on live client projects from your very first day in your role
- External Training Courses where required
- Multi-Disciplinary Exposure – due to the nature and diversity of our business, graduates are granted opportunities to develop understanding of other disciplines, develop technical expertise further, and improve ability to work with different types of people
- Social Activities – we expect you to work hard so it’s imperative that you enjoy your work environment; regular social events are organised within the graduate community including sports clubs, cinema nights, pub quizzes and charity events