AECOM Construction Management makes safety our #1 priority.
Safety is both a core value of our company as well as a guiding principle on every project we undertake. First and foremost, our priority is the protection of our teams, the tradespeople we employ, and all members of the communities in which we operate. AECOM Tishman enforces a zero-tolerance policy for unsafe and unsanctioned activities on all our jobsites.
Our corporate commitment to safety and loss prevention greatly exceeds the regulations outlined by local, State and federal agencies. In addition to our full-time safety and loss prevention department, all jobsite superintendents receive 62 hours of training and are required to have completed a 30-hour certification from OSHA.
Our safety-first culture is reflected in metrics such as our EMR, as well as in the safety awards received and the achievements attained across our projects.
AECOM Construction Management Safety Achievements
- Four Seasons Nashville, Nashville, TN: Over 560 days without a lost-time incident
- Tarrant County College District, Southeast Campus Expansion, Fort Worth, TX: National Safety Council Perfect Record Award for zero lost-time injuries
- UC Davis Student Athlete Performance Center, Davis, CA: Liberty Mutual Insurance Safety Commendation Award for achieving a Days Away Restriction Transfer (DART) rate of 0.0 with a reported 177,107 work hours
- University of New Mexico Teaching Hospital, Albuquerque, NM: National Safety Council Occupational Excellence Award for a lost-time incident rate less than 50% of the national average
- University of Texas at Austin, Basketball and Rowing Training Facility, Austin, TX: National Safety Council Perfect Record Award for zero lost-time injuries
- University of Texas at Austin, Basketball and Rowing Training Facility, Austin, TX: Silver STEP (Safety Through Exemplary Performance) Award for six months of exemplary safety performance with zero recordable injuries and zero days away from work
- The Vesper (84 East), Austin, TX: National Safety Council Perfect Record Award for zero lost-time injuries
- Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) Star Contractor in the West: Recognized by OSHA as one of the safest companies in the country – one of the few contractors with this designation
- One Vanderbilt, New York, NY: Building Trades Employers Association (BTEA) Construction Safety Awards, Overall Project Safety
- Pacific Park’s Brooklyn Crossing, 18 Sixth Avenue, Brooklyn, NY: Building Trades Employers Association (BTEA) Construction Safety Awards, Zero Incidents
- Arthur Ashe Stadium Retractable Roof, Queens, NY: Engineering News-Record New York Excellence in Safety, Sports/Entertainment Best Project
- T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, NV: Engineering News-Record Southwest Excellence in Safety, Sports/Entertainment Best Project
- T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, NV: 2,000,000+ labor hours with no lost-time incidents
- One World Trade Center, New York, NY: Zero total incidents of significance
- San Jose McEnery Convention Center Expansion and Renovation, San Jose, CA: Engineering News-Record Excellence in Safety, Sports/Entertainment Best Project