AECOM is closely monitoring the evolving coronavirus pandemic and implementing processes that promote candidate and employee safety. Many of our interviews will be held virtually until further notice. We will make every effort to reduce disruption to ensure a great candidate experience.
In advance of the interview
- Set up the teleconferencing technology.
Virtual interviews are held using Microsoft Teams. If a different platform will be used, your recruiting contact will inform you of the platform(s) used.
- If your interview is on Microsoft Teams:
- Download the Teams app to your computer. If you are unable to install Teams, there is an option to open Teams in your web browser. Please note Teams works best in Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.
- Test that the Teams app is working. You can join, leave and re-join a Teams meeting any time.
- Your recruiting contact will send a Microsoft Teams meeting ID# prior to your interview.
- If your interview is confirmed to be on a different platform:
- Your recruiting contact will provide you with specific instructions to install and test the platform.
- As a back-up, please download Microsoft Teams as well.
- Check the rest of your technology setup. Confirm that your webcam and microphone work properly in your chosen browser. Test your internet connection to ensure it is strong and working. If using headphones, make sure they are connected and functional in advance.
- If needed, request accommodations. If you need any accommodations or are concerned about virtual platforms not being fully accessible for you, please email ReasonableAccommodations@aecom.com and we will discuss how to best support you. If you are in the US and need additional assistance, you may contact our hotline at 1-877-653-5079. Please note that this hotline is only able to assist candidates located in the US.
- Prepare for your virtual interview as for any in-person interview!
On the day of your interview
- Conduct your interview in a well-lit and quiet environment that is as free of any distractions as possible. While we encourage you to find a space where you can focus and not be interrupted, don’t be too stressed about it, we know this can be a challenge right now!
- Switch your other devices onto silent mode; however, have your phone handy in case your interviewer might be having technical difficulties or is trying to reach out via phone or email.
- Dress comfortably and use your best judgment based on the role you are interviewing for.
- If your interview is on Teams, click on “Join the Microsoft Teams meeting” to connect.
- If your interview is on a different platform, please follow the instructions provided by your recruiting contact by email.
- If you experience technical difficulties during your interview, close the Teams app and re-join.
- On Teams, if you still have trouble connecting, dial in from your phone using the toll-free number in the interview invite.
- If you are still unable to connect after following the above troubleshooting steps, email or call your recruiting contact immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions
Many of our interviews have moved to virtual. Your Talent Acquisition Recruiter will notify you and inform you of how your interview will be conducted.
Yes, if you are comfortable, turn on your camera for better interviewer engagement. We also understand there are times when internet bandwidth can cause issues and it might need to be turned off.
While the setup is different, we treat virtual interviews the same as in-person.