Our work supports the successful implementation of energy projects through turnkey permitting, development, and engineering of more than 30,000 megawatts of wind energy.
AECOM is proud of its strong history in offshore wind development including supporting the associated grid infrastructure and port /marine facilities. Our team fully understands the complexities of planning, designing and implementing large-scale infrastructure projects and are able to integrate seamlessly with the diverse work groups or consultants necessary to develop successful projects.
We consistently deliver work packages that synchronize with other activities being advanced, reducing timelines and adding efficiency. We have a deep bench of offshore wind expertise and subject matter experts in the U.S. and globally and have been provided leading wind energy consulting expertise to clients around the world.
A few examples of our experience include:
- Acting as prime consultant providing technical environmental and engineering support to two major offshore wind development projects located off the New England Coast.
- Supporting the Salem, MA Windport redevelopment with investigations, surveys, sediment sampling, basis of design for heavy lift platforms, dredged material management, community engagement/permitting, engineering design and grants.
- Conducting tribal coordination for two confidential OSW projects in the northeast U.S.
- Providing offshore wind cable routing and siting analysis in NY, NJ and Federal waters
Tapping our teams in the U.S. and globally, AECOM is uniquely qualified to provide our clients with a single source for offshore wind development worldwide including: project planning/site assessment, design, environmental baseline and impact studies, permitting, stakeholder engagement, interconnection and grid studies, port design and logistical planning, assessment and design of ancillary systems such as hydrogen generation/power storage, program management and construction services.
Key AECOM attributes
- Ability to support offshore wind development from concept to operations
- Access to full service environmental, ports and marine, and engineering capabilities through global/nationwide network
- Local experience with national subject matter expertise