Industrial and Commercial Operations and Maintenance
Critical facility and production environments demand an operations and maintenance partner that delivers the highest level of service informed by in-depth expertise in each particular area. To meet this need, AECOM operates and maintains complex multi-site campuses and facilities for commercial, industrial and government clients around the globe.
Through our program-based, partnership approach, we provide integrated services within a cohesive framework to ensure operational certainty for office, factory, and research and development environments, so clients can focus on their core business.
By combining technology and data analytics, we drive measurable improvements for our clients’ productivity and profitability goals across diverse markets, including industrial manufacturing and consumer goods, pharmaceutical and logistics.
- Achieved critical asset uptime of 98% by utilizing Reliability Centered Maintenance principles.
- Successfully maintained more than 70,000 pieces of equipment, including 4,000+ critical assets globally.
- Validated more than US$10 million in cost savings for our clients through maximization of self-performance activities, improved asset performance, streamlined work processes and worker productivity, as well as technology deployment and vendor management.
Facility Management — provision of complete facility support to ensure sustained operations, asset preservation and customer satisfaction
- Building and equipment maintenance
- Facility audits
- Facility engineering and design
- Subcontract management (pre-qualification and performance)
- Energy management: building automation systems; utility/energy operations, maintenance and management; high-voltage energy savings; energy efficiency strategies/measures; and performance contracts.
- Hard services: provision of trained technical resources, leveraging in-house capabilities, as well as critical facilities support, electrical and mechanical, robotics, HVAC maintenance, lighting, painting and plumbing, cranes and hoists, crib service, equipment moves and installations, mobile equipment, safety and security, and wastewater treatment.
- Soft services: through the integration of vendor-managed services into the single-service delivery model. This includes: janitorial, food services, landscaping, snow removal, office services, pest control, reception, elevators, security and vending.
- Workplace solutions: space planning, capital planning, project management, furniture management and bench-marking.
- Field support: deployment of field experts in construction, plant operations, process safety management, quality control, shutdowns/outage/turnarounds, process safety management, testing and start-up.
- Management support: implementation of integrated processes and procedures to support the effectiveness and improvement of services, including finance and accounting, hazardous materials management, help desk/reception services, IT services, quality programs, risk management services and SH&E programs.
Production Maintenance — provision of equipment maintenance to ensure factory-asset uptime and reliability
- Production machines and equipment
- Complete production line and plant maintenance
- Corrective/reactive maintenance
- RCM (reliability centered management) / PdM (predictive maintenance)
- Electrical and mechanical maintenance
Logistics — implement and control the efficient and effective use and storage of goods, along other aspects of the supply chain, during the life of the services contract
- Customs management
- Distribution and warehousing
- Expediting and inspection services
- Global logistics services
- Laydown yard management
- Material preservation and export packing
- Web-based procurement and MRO systems